Why This Blog?
I am an immigrant, and I came to the US in my 20’s to attend grad school with only a few hundred dollars in my pocket. I shattered the “$1M net-worth” glass ceiling a few short years later. Fast forward to today, a decade or so after my move, and I am on track to be able to retire in my early forties. In addition, I have built up passive income streams that bring in just over $35K a year, and you can do the same. My goal is to build up enough of my passive streams to give up life in Corporate America, and work for myself (or have the option not to!). Freedom of choice is one of the main motivations why Passive Finance got started.
What’s In It For YOU?
Everywhere I look, I see people talking about becoming financially free, but few doing anything about it. Nod your head if you’ve heard one or more of these in the past month:
1. “I wish I could quit my job”
2. “I wish I didn’t have so much debt”
3. “Man, I wish we could travel the world, but I can’t”
4. “I’m never going to be able to buy a house”
5. “Retirement? What’s that?”
Aaaand…..the list goes on. This is standard water cooler talk. And, like in every other aspect of life, the only ones that get ahead are the ones that set a goal and take action. Fortunately, you, as a newly minted Passive-Financier, will soon be one of those people. If you’re one of the 99.9% of people that wants to break the shackles of debt and lifelong employment (aka modern-day-slavery), this blog is for you.
Here’s what you might be signing up for:
- Kickass Strategies and Tactics that you can apply almost immediately, and guiding principles to fall back on in moments of doubt
- Financial profiles of real people that you can learn from (side note: if you want your anonymous profile featured, drop me a note)
- My own progress toward Financial Independence
- A window into my mind / world
- Mixed in with a healthy dose of attitude…intended to make you chuckle, but bound to piss off a few, especially if you’re easy to offend 🙂
- And everything else it would take to turn you into a Passive-Financier!
Here’s what you won’t get:
- A sales pitch
- B.S. Platitudes
Everything else is fair game.
Here’s what you need to do to start. Wake up, take a hard look at yourself and your financial situation, educate yourself and start taking action!
Now, Rev Your Engines
Through this blog, I’m going to guide you through it all as you follow my journey and change your mindset as I brainwash you into becoming financially awesome. Together, we will help you grow financial balls of steel (I should trademark that phrase, maybe someday..) and turn you into the baller than you were meant to be.
If you’re serious about improving your financial life, subscribe now to get notified when I post a new article. It’s free and all it takes is an email address. If you find that my writing isn’t helping you, you can always unsubscribe. If you’re not ready to do this, I would venture to guess that you either:
1. Are perfectly happy with your financial situation, or
2. Don’t want it bad enough
For the rest of you that want a richer, more fulfilling life, free from the financial worries that plague the rest of the zombie drones out there, follow along, become a regular reader of this blog and you’ll move up the financial ladder – fast. Now let’s kick this into high gear!